Sunday, March 15, 2009

Irish Soda Bread


In order to fortify the Hubbs for the opening of sanctioned outdoor drinking season in downtown Albany, AKA the St. Patrick's day parade, I made some holiday appropriate soda bread. This was a slightly modified version of Helen Doyle's Irish Soda Bread from Cooking Light. I skipped the caraway seeds and used a mix of milk and buttermilk as to extend the buttermilk a bit. It came together very quickly and did not suffer for me skipping the quick knead. I really felt that kneading something only 3-4 times was not worth making the floury giant kneading mess.
From the best that I can tell the Hubbs survived the parade (I had to miss it). I can't say that my lovingly made soda bread actually helped but I would like to think it did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://mrdavespantry.blogspot.com/

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I removed the old Ridiculous Food Society blog. Didn't want you to have a dead link on your page. The url above is my new project.

K8 said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will change the linky-link

jess said...

Looks tasty!