Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shrimp Boil Fritatta

We definitely had a boatload of leftovers from our shrimp boil and while leftovers are wonderful this was one that really lost a little something after a night in the fridge. The Hubbs was very concerned that the shrimpy/crawfishy goodness would go to waste so he suggested a fritatta.

After I pulled all the meaty bits of seafood out of their shells I chopped up the potatoes and cut the corn off the cob. The onions and garlic from the boil were already pretty soft and mushy so I just tossed them in as is. This mixture turned out to be about 3 cups of filling, give or take. I mixed three eggs and 1/2 cup of milk and combined with the boil mixture. I was going to add just a bit of parmesan at this point only to find out that my parm had gone rouge in the fridge. The only other cheese option was a smoked gruyere so I shredded a nice chunk in to the mix. Add 1/2 cup flour plus 1/2 t baking powder, plus what ever seasons you prefer (I went for a dash of Cayenne and a bit of old bay). Mix the whole thing together and pop it in the oven in a greased pie pan or oven safe dish. 350 ish for 40-45 should do it. This was a pretty freestyle job, as fritattas want to be.

No comments: