Sunday, January 4, 2009

Slow Roasted Garlic Lemon Chicken


Yes, yes, I am aware that I am playing a bit of catch-up and I should probably space out these posts a bit, but frankly I don't feel like being that organized and calculated.

We made this for an annual get-together that our friends have every holiday season. Our new house was site for this particular years soiree. Among our friends contributing for this little potluck was Mr. Dave. The slow roasted chicken taken directly from a Nigella recipe. The only changes that I made was using chicken pieces rather than having to chop up a whole chicken and I peeled the garlic rather than leaving it in the skins. That was a purely a personal preference.

Here is the whole she-bang ready for the oven.

While this does take a bit of time, hence "slow roasted" it was very easy and the leftovers held up very well and remained tasty, especially paired cold in a salad.

No comments: