Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Margarita

Some of you who know me know that for most of my drinking years, I often passed on tequila. That was unless I was terribly tipsy and it was 1. bought by someone else, 2. rack, and 3. utterly gross. Given those factors I thought I hated tequila. Much like how I thought I hated wine because I had only ever stolen white zinfandel from a box that my Mom stored under the kitchen table.

Needless to say I decided to take it back about a year and a half ago. I gave tequila another chance and it has been a wonderful affair since then. Again, to those who may know me know that I also do not drink rum, spite my love for it. Rum however is a foul tasty temptress in my world. She makes me irrationally angry and frankly, batshit crazy. For the sake of my marriage and friendships I will not be giving rum another go.

Margarita:
This is my recipe made to my preference and is not what everyone likes, but it has gotten some pretty encouraging reviews from my attorney.

2 oz Tequila (whatever brand you prefer, but really don't totally cheap out)
2 oz triple sec (feel free to cheap out here, unless you are going for Grand Marnier don't bother in my book)
2 oz lime juice.

pour over ice, no salt, and most certainly do not turn that shit into a watered down snow cone.

Cheers

No comments: